Tea Light Village • Pine and Maple Tree Tutorial
Tea Light Village is a series of tiny buildings designed specifically to fit over small LED Tea Lights so readily available these days. The lights provide a warm glow which brings life to the village display.
Warning: Only use LED Tea Lights. DO NOT use regular candle tea lights.
This specific tutorial is for the assembly of the pine and maple trees. These files are scattered through out the building files. Make the trees in a variety of sizes.
There are many tutorials for the Tea Light series:
Tea Light Tree Tutorial
- Tree Cutting File - Available here. This tutorial is for both the Maple and Pine Tree which are available in different groupings.
- Glue dots 3/16" or Scor Tape
- Cutting Machine & Software
- Card Stock
Parts sizes: (For those importing into Design Space) - in inches
From 3 Pine Tree File:
- All Trees in one file (they import with trees sideways) - 7.21" w X 8.895"h
- Tallest Tree - each half sideways - 4.415" w X 2.35"h
- Medium Tree - each half sideways - 4.170" w X 2.22"h
- Smallest Tree - each half sideways - 3.87" w X 2.06"h
- Note: The size of the trees can be anything, just make 2 matching of each size.
From Maple and Pine File
- Both together - 5.520"w x 9.320"h
- Pine tree - (vertical) - 2.35"w x 4.415"h
- Mape Tree - (vertical) - 2.61"w x 4.175"h
Steps for Assembling the Tree:
1. Download the cutting files for your cutting machine.
2. Load the files into your cutting software following the steps for your cutting machine.
3. Prepare the files:.
- Click here for detailed steps on how to use .SVG files on your Silhouette (with Design Studio).
- Click here for steps on how to use these .SVG files in Design Space with your Cricut Explore.
4. Cut the files from the card stock of your choice.
5. Fold each tree on both fold lines ( dotted lines) that run down the center of each half.
6. Glue the halves together.
- Place glue tabs along the outside of the folded center on one of the two halves. You can cut the 3/16" glue dots in half for this project.
- Place 4-5 along the center seam.
- Press the two halves together along the center trunk,
- Be careful to line up the bottoms.
- Cut them a variety of sizes and position them in the Tea Light Village.
Copyright 2014 3DCuts.com, Marji Roy