Tea Light Village - Basic Building Tutorial
Tea Light Village is a series of tiny buildings designed specifically to fit over small LED Tea Lights so readily available these days. The lights provide a warm glow which brings life to the village display.
Warning: Only use LED Tea Lights. DO NOT use regular candle tea lights.
This specific tutorial is for the assembly of all the basic buildings including the cottage, barn, town house and store.
There are many tutorials for the Tea Light series:
- Basic Buildings - Cottage, Barn, Store and Town House
- Church- School-Cape- includes Saltbox and Gambrel roof
- Pine and Maple Tree-
- Dormer House
- Grange Hall
- Clock Tower
- Meeting Hall
- Tudor House
- Hexagon Bases
- Cutting Files - Available here.
- Glue dots 3/16", ScorTape
- Card Stock
- Wax paper - Tracing paper works as well.
Parts sizes: (For those importing into Design Space) - in inches
Order supplies from Amazon:
- Order from Amazon: Neenah Exact Index Card Stock 110lbs. 250 sheets (Affiliate Link)
- Order from Amazon: Scor-Tape 1/4" X 27yds (5 Rolls) (Affiliate Link)
- Order from Amazon: Scar-Tape 1/8" x 27 yes (3 Pack) (Affiliate Link)
- Order from Amazon Fairy Lights 2 sets 100 lights with remote in warm white (Affiliate Link)
- Order From Amazon LED Tea Lights (24 Pack) (Affiliate Link)
- Town House - All Pieces together - 6.350" w X 8.960"h
- Town House Building - 5.795"w X 8.360"h
- Town House Roof - 4.025"w X 2.555"h
- Store - 6.275" w X 8.620"h
- Store Building - 5.895"w X 8.360"h
- Store Roof - 2.555"w X 4.025"h
- Cottage - 5.315" w X 8.530"h
- Cottage Building - 4.960"w X 8.375"h
- Cottage Roof - 2.555"w X 4.025"h
- Barn - 5.270"w X 8.585"h
- Barn Building - 4.920"w X 8.360"h
- Barn Roof - 2.540"w X 3.975"h
Steps for completing the Buildings:
1. Download the cutting files for your cutting machine.
2. Load the files into your cutting software following the steps for your cutting machine.
3. Prepare the files:.
- Click here for detailed steps on how to use .SVG files on your Silhouette (with Design Studio).
- Click here for steps on how to use these .SVG files in Design Space with your Cricut Explore.
4. Cut the files from the card stock of your choice.
5. Add wax paper scraps to the inside of all the windows. This will allow the candle light to have a more natural glow.
- I cut rectangles of wax paper to fit the windows on each side.
- Use regular paper glue to hold these in place.
6. Assemble the building.
- First fold all dotted lines in ( toward the wax paper side).
- Using glue dots, connect the side walls together.
- Work to keep things square. Bottom edges should line up.
- Place glue dots along the tabs for the roof. Apply then to the portion closest to the fold first and press the roof in place.
- And then continue to the other side of the roof including gluing the tab that slides down by the side wall.
- Add glue dots to the first roof and then glue on the roof cover which adds the overhangs.
- Work to center the roof.
- Now, make additional buildings and trees to make a complete village scene.
- This same set of instructions applies to other Tea Village buildings as well including the town house and village shops.
© 2014 3DCuts.com, Marji Roy