Tea Light Village - Gazebo Tutorial
Tea Light Village is a series of tiny buildings designed specifically to fit over small LED Tea Lights so readily available these days. The lights provide a warm glow which brings life to the village display.
This tutorial is for the Gazebo which was added to the collection in 2016. It is not to have a tea light but is designed to be an accessory for the Tea Light Village.
Warning: Only use LED Tea Lights. DO NOT use regular candle tea lights.
- Cutting Files - Available here.
- Glue dots 3/16"
- ScorTape 1/8" and 1/4"
- Card Stock
- Wax paper - Tracing paper works as well.
Steps for completing the Gazebo:
1. Download the cutting files for your cutting machine from the 3dcuts.com store here.
2. Load the files into your cutting software following the steps for your cutting machine.
3. Prepare the files:.
- For the Silhouette: The SVG files from this site will need to be turned into cutting files. Click here for detailed steps on how to use SVG files on your Silhouette. http://www.3dcuts.com/tutorial-upload-svg-silhouette
- For Cricut Explore: Here is a guide for importing into Cricut Design Space. http://www.3dcuts.com/tutorial-adding-3dcuts-files-to-cricut
4. Cut the files.
- All pieces are cut from card stock.
5. Fold on all dotted lines.
- Every dotted line on this file is a fold line and they all get crisply folded in the same direction.
6. Apply Scor-Tape to all tabs. Leave the backing on.
- I used 1/8" Scor-tape on the tabs of the Gazebo.
- The Scor-Tape gets applied to the outside.
- Below is a diagram with red lines indicating all the places Scor-Tape is needed.
7. Assemble the gazebo
- For easiest assembly, peel each backing as directed.
- Start by peeling the backing from the strips along the tabs at the bottom of the fence sides.
- Bend each in and adhere to the floor of the gazebo working carefully to match the fold seam with the edge.
- Attach all sides of the bottom.
- The two ends will now meet.
- Peel off the Scor-Tape backing here and adhere the side seam.
8. Adhere the roof.
- Fold on all dotted lines if you already haven't.
- Peel the Scor-Tape backing on the roof tab and adhere it under the adjoining roof panel giving the roof its pointed shape.
- The Gazebo base is complete.
- Apply Scor-Tape to the roof cover and adhere that to the top providing the overhangs.
- The gazebo is complete. Now make some trees to add to it.
9. Make the Trees.
- The file comes with the pine tree in two different sizes. You must cut 2 of each size. This is a detailed cut and requires a good blade and mat. I especially like to use the Premium blade on this type of cut.
- Fold each half on the the 2 dotted lines in the center. They are close together so this will take some care.
- Add a strip of 1/8" Scor-Tape down the outside of the tree between the two fold lines.
- Press the two spines together, being careful to make bottoms align, making a 3-D tree.
- Make a second set in a different size.
- Now make the other new buildings for tea light village and put them all together with LED tea lights to provide a warm glow. And do you have the buildings from previous years as well?