Tutorial - Ledge Village Greek Revival House
The Ledge Village is series of 3D buildings and accessories that can be combined in a mix and match fashion to build tiny villages on small ledges around your home. The buildings are thin, with all detail on the front so they fit on small trim ledges. A growing number of files for Ledge Village can be found at 3dcut.com
This tutorial is for the Greek Revival House.
Note: Ledge Village cutting files are available here on this website and at the Silhouette online store. You can purchase them as grouped files here for a reduced priced.
- Cutting File downloaded on 3DCuts.com here
- Your preferred adhesives
- Glue Dots
- Zig Glue Pen
- Card Stock
(For people importing into Cricut Design Space)
- House and roof together - 7.035" w x 9.155" h
- Trees and fence are in separate accessories filies.
Steps for completing the 3-D Ledge Village Greek Revival House project:
1. Download the cutting files for your cutting machine here.
2. Load the files into your cutting software following the steps for your cutting machine.
3. Prepare the files:.
- Click here for detailed steps on how to use .SVG files on your Silhouette (with Design Studio).
- Click here for steps on how to use these .SVG files in Design Space with your Cricut Explore.
4. Cut the files:
- Paper colors are your preference. I like the simplicity of the all white but others have used a variety of card stock with great results. The file is grouped together. You can ungroup it in order to cut various parts from different papers.
5. Fold on all dotted fold lines.
- All folds are in the same direction. You can choose. One way will end with a door on the left, the other with a door on the right.
6. Glue the basic house piece together
- Start at the base and work up. It is important to keep things square and the base is a good rectangle to work from.
- Use Glue Dots on both base corners gluing the base to the 2 sides.
- Proceed up the sides gluing the sides to the roof edges and finish with the peak tab.
7. Glue the back in place
- I use Scor-Tape and apply it to all tabs. I leave the paper backing on all tabs except the bottom on.
- Fold the back in place and seal the bottom edge.
- Remove the paper backing from the side edge and seal in place.
- Seal the peak last.
8. Press everything together
- Press the back in place.
- Insert a long thin tool into the front space and press together any seams you can reach.
9. Add the roof.
- Fold the roof piece in half along the dotted fold line.
- The roof will be positioned so there is an over hang in the front but no over hang in the back. It is to be flush with the back surface.
- Apply Scor-Tape to the roof.
- Peel off one side and attach the roof.
- Peel off the second side and press the roof into place.
- The Greek Revival style house is compete.
10. Add Accessories and additional buildings
How many buildings will you add to your village?
This tutorial is available online at:
©2014 3DCuts.com, Marji Roy