Tutorial - Ledge Village Haunted Casket with Skeleton
The Ledge Village is series of 3D buildings and accessories that can be combined in a mix and match fashion to build tiny villages on small ledges around your home. The buildings are thin, with all detail on the front so they fit on small trim ledges. The finished casket is about 3" high. A growing number of files for Ledge Village can be found at 3dcut.com
This tutorial is for the Ledge Village Haunted Casket with Skeleton inside. There are other files to coordinate with the Haunted Casket including the trees, Haunted Mansion, and Haunted Cottage.
- Cutting File downloaded on 3DCuts.com here.
- Your preferred adhesives
- Glue Dots
- Zig Glue Pen
- Card Stock
(For people importing into Cricut Design Space)
- All parts together - 4.1067" w x 5.7767 h
Steps for completing the 3-D Ledge Village Casket and Skeleton:
1. Download the cutting files for your cutting machine here.
2. Load the files into your cutting software following the steps for your cutting machine.
3. Prepare the files:.
- Click here for detailed steps on how to use .SVG files on your Silhouette (with Design Studio).
- Click here for steps on how to use these .SVG files in Design Space with your Cricut Explore.
4. Cut the files:
- Paper colors are your preference. I made the casket out of black with a dark gray inside cover. I made the skeleton out of a light gray.
5. Fold on all dotted fold lines.
- All folds are in the same direction.
6. Glue the liner inside the casket cover.
- I used Zig Glue.
- The liner completes the cover to the casket and allows for the skull and cross bones details to show in contrast.
7. Glue the casket side tabs together.
- I use Glue Dots for small tabs.
- There are 6 tabs to glue in place, 2 at the base, 2 at the shoulders and two at the top.
8. Add the skeleton.
- Start by folding the paper spring in a zig-zag.
- Glue that to the back of the skeleton's rib age.
- Glue it inside the casket so the skeleton is "floating" in the interior space.
- Add the casket and skeleton to other accessories in the Haunted Ledge Village Series.
This file is part of the Haunted series which also includes the Haunted Mansion, the Haunted Cottage, picket fences, and a couple of gnarly trees..
This tutorial is available online at:
©2014 3DCuts.com, Marji Roy