Tutorial - A2 Couch Card
This is a quick universal A2 card designed as a simplified couch. It includes a place for a message and so many apply - There is room for 2!, Time for Relaxing, To my favorite Couch Potato! Put your feet up... Be creative and add your message to this card.
- Cutting File downloaded on 3DCuts.com here.
- Your preferred adhesives
- Glue Dots
- Zig Glue Pen
- Card Stock
- Print paper
Parts Sizes: (needed for importing into Design Space for Cricut.
- All grouped together 9.7859" w X 11.0839"h
- Import as a group, resize and then ungroup. Much faster than importing each piec
Steps for completing the A2 Couch Card
1. Download the cutting files for your cutting machine here.
2. Load the files into your cutting software following the steps for your cutting machine.
3. Prepare the files:.
- Click here for detailed steps on how to use .SVG files on your Silhouette (with Design Studio).
- Click here for steps on how to use these .SVG files in Design Space with your Cricut Explore.
4. Split the files:
- You will split the parts. One group is out of a sofa print paper.
- One group is a coordinating solid paper.
- One piece is white for the interior message.
5. Cut the files out of your paper choices.
6. Place piece.
- This image shows you the location of each piece.
- Temporarily place yours according to the plan so you are sure how they fit together.
7. Glue patterned pieces onto solid background.
- Leave a solid edge exposed around all added pieces.
- I used Zig glue although other good paper glues are appropriate.
- Glue the the covers on the couch end pieces first.
- Glue the 2 top back cushions in place.
- Glue the 2 seating cushions in place next. These get aligned to the center below the top cushions. Leave the slight space between all pieces.
- The long rectangle gets glued below the cushions.
- Add the two arms overlapping the long rectangle.
- Add the ruffle at the bottom. This piece may need to be trimmed to fit.
8. Open the card and glue the white message piece in place.
- The finished card will fit into a standby A2 invitation envelope.
This tutorial is available online at http://www.3dcuts.com/tutorial-couch-card
©2014 3DCuts.com, Marji Roy