Easter Bunny Cube Card - Tutorial
Create an easy Easter Bunny Cube Card that can be folded flat and mailed. The assembled cube is 3 3/4" cubed and fits into a standard 6" x 9" Booklet envelope
Construction techniques are basic beginner 3d techniques. There is a video of the assembly below. Scroll to step 5 to start watching.
Cutting File available here from 3dcuts.com.
- Cutting File available here from 3dcuts.com.
- 8.5 x 11" card stock - I used the 65lb Cardstock from Recollections for colors and Neenah 110 Index Card stock from Amazon for white.
- Adhesive - Aleenes Spray Tacking Glue, Art Glitter Glue, Scor-Tape
- 6 x 9" Booklet Envelope
Major Parts Sizes:
- Card Front: 8.0625" w x 8.6577" h
- Card Back: 8.0681" w x 8.5764" h
- Each inner layer (5 - white) 5.0389" w x 3.6486"h
- Hoppy Easter - 3.4889" w x 3.4889 " h
- Large Grass - 3.4311" w x 1.7" h
- Bunny - 1.6925" w x 2.4806" h
- White backing - 3.25" square
Links to supplies on Amazon:
- Order from Amazon: Neenah Exact Index Card Stock 110lbs. 250 sheets (Affiliate Link)
- Order from Amazon: Aleene's Tacky Spray 11 oz (Affiliate Link)
- Order from Amazon: Scor-Tape 1/4” 3 rolls (Affiliate Link)
- Order from Amazon: Art Glitter Glue with metal tip (Affiliate Link)
- Order from Amazon: 6 x 9 Booklet Envelope - White 25 pack
- Order from Amazon: Premium Silhouette Blade (Affiliate Link)
Steps for completing the Easter Bunny Cube Card:
Special Note: I update the instructions online. Check here for adjustments and additional information.
1. Download the cutting files for your cutting machine here from the 3dcuts.com store.
2. Load the files into your cutting software following the steps for your cutting machine.
3. Prepare the files:.
- For the Silhouette: The SVG files from this site will need to be turned into cutting files. Click here for detailed steps on how to use SVG files on your Silhouette. http://www.3dcuts.com/tutorial-upload-svg-silhouette
- DXF files can be opened in the basic edition of Silhouette Design Studio but often require modifications. I recommend using the Designer Edition and using svg files.
- For Cricut Explore: Here is a guide for importing into Cricut Design Space. http://www.3dcuts.com/tutorial-adding-3dcuts-files-to-cricut
- For Brother ScanNCut: The svg files will need to be transferred to files for your particular machine. You can change SVG files to FCM files at http://www.canvasworkspace.com/ or Google "How to import SVG files into a ScanNCut" for links to tutorials.
4. Cut the files.
- All pieces are cut from card stock.
- The assembly steps are detailed in the video below. Here is the url. https://youtu.be/YN_5QytnQ1Q
6. Sending the card:
- This card is designed to fold flat and be mailed in a 6" x 9" booklet envelope.
- There is an affiliate link in the supplies above for ordering them from Amazon.
- In the download folder there is a sheet of pdf assembly instructions that you can print up and insert with the card when sending. (Available with 3Dcuts.com download only. Not included in the Silhouette Store download.)