Calligraphic Kitties - Tutorial
This tutorial is for the Calligraphic Kitties cutting files designed by 3Dcuts.com. The download at 3dcuts.com includes 4 different files. I have used the Double Kitty Mandala to create this wall art shown in a 9" x 9" inch frame from Michaels.
Cutting File available here from 3dcuts.com.
- Cutting File available here from 3dcuts.com.
- 8.5 x 11" card stock - I used the 65lb Cardstock from Recollections for colors and Neenah 110 Index Card stock from Amazon for white.
- Adhesive - Aleenes Spray Tacking Glue and Art Glitter Glue
- Foam Dots
- Binder clips
Major Parts Sizes:
- Double Kitty - 6.2087" w x 5.4429" h
- Double Kitty Mandala back layer - 7.1024 " w x 6.8231" h
- Double Kitty Mandala front layer - 7.017 " w x 6.7405" h
- Single Kitty - 5.493" w x 6.5374 " h
- Single Kitty Mandala Back layer - 7.1111" w x 7.0694' h
- Single Kitty Mandala front layer - 6.8361" w x 6.8417" h
Links to supplies on Amazon:
- Order from Amazon: Neenah Exact Index Card Stock 110lbs. 250 sheets (Affiliate Link)
- Order from Amazon: 3D Pop Dots Square 1/4 inch (Affiliate Link)
- Order from Amazon: Aleene's Tacky Spray 11 oz (Affiliate Link)
- Order from Amazon: Premium Silhouette Blade (Affiliate Link)
- Order from Amazon: Scor-Tape 1/4” 3 rolls (Affiliate Link)
Links to frame at Michaels (not an affiliate)
Steps for completing the Springtime Robins shadow box:
Special Note: I update the instructions online. Check here for adjustments and additional information. Don't just rely on the pdf file that comes with the download. Learned hints are added to the end of the tutorial.
1. Download the cutting files for your cutting machine here from the 3dcuts.com store.
2. Load the files into your cutting software following the steps for your cutting machine.
3. Prepare the files:.
- For the Silhouette: The SVG files from this site will need to be turned into cutting files. Click here for detailed steps on how to use SVG files on your Silhouette. http://www.3dcuts.com/tutorial-upload-svg-silhouette
- DXF files can be opened in the basic edition of Silhouette Design Studio but often require modifications. I recommend using the Designer Edition and using svg files.
- For Cricut Explore: Here is a guide for importing into Cricut Design Space. http://www.3dcuts.com/tutorial-adding-3dcuts-files-to-cricut
- For Brother ScanNCut: The svg files will need to be transferred to files for your particular machine. You can change SVG files to FCM files at http://www.canvasworkspace.com/ or Google "How to import SVG files into a ScanNCut" for links to tutorials.
4. Cut the files.
- All pieces are cut from card stock.
- The assembly steps are detailed in the video below. Here is the url. https://youtu.be/z0Ok3lepkCc
- This file begs for your added creativity. It is a great design for vinyl applications as well. Have you considered using it on a t-shirt for all the cat lovers in your life?
If you enjoyed making these designs visit my page of mandalas for many additional files.