3D Presents- Assembly Tutorial
Here is a cutting pattern and tutorial for a pile of tiny 3D presents ranging from 1" to 2.5". They have been designed to be combined with the 3D Santa's Sleigh files as well. These files are proportioned to work together. All are both Cameo and Portrait friendly. It comes with the cutting files for 4 present styles. All can be resized to make additional variations.
Note: This tutorial is for the presents. If you are looking for the sleigh tutorial go here.
3D Presents Tutorial
- Cutting File available from 3dcuts.com.
- Glue dots 3/16"
- Christmas patterned paper with a small pattern
- Solid paper for ribbon ( or real ribbon)
- Pennies and tape (Optional)
Parts sizes: (For those importing into Design Space) - in inches
- All pieces grouped - 11.2976" w X 10.6654"h
Steps for completing the 3D Presents:
1. Download the cutting files for your cutting machine. The files are available here.
2. Load the files into your cutting software following the steps for your cutting machine.
3. Prepare the files:.
- Click here for detailed steps on how to use .SVG files on your Silhouette (with Design Studio).
- Click here for steps on how to use these .SVG files in Design Space with your Cricut Explore.
4. Cut the files from the card stock or paper of your choice
5. Assemble the box.
- Note - each cut file has dotted cut lines. These are fold lines.
- Fold all sides and tabs in along the fold lines.
- Tape a penny or two into the bottom of the box. I did this just to give them a little weight.
- Add a glue dot to each corner of the bottom and box top and glue the tabs in place.:
- The cover fits over the base.
6. Add ribbon.
- You can add either a real ribbon or a paper ribbon.
- Put a glue dot in the top center of the box and glue a paper strip around the box one way (Image 1) .Or you can use Score-Tape long the back. This hugs tighter.
- Add another glue dot and wrap a paper strip around the other way (Image 2).
- Take a short piece of the paper ribbon and fold it to make a V (Image 3).
- Cut the ends at angles.
- Glue that into the center of the ribbons (Image 4).
- Glue another strip to the center, bend it over forming a bow loop. Glue it. Fold it back the other way and add another glue loop to create a tiny paper bow (Image 5).
- All rectangular boxes in the set are made the same way.
- The Hexagonal box is made by glueing the sides to the base.
- The hexagons are slightly different sizes. The smaller one gets attached to the taller wall.
- The larger hexagon gets attached to the shorter wall and becomes the cover.
- Make a variety of presents in different papers and sizes. Then add them to Santa's Sleigh also available from 3Dcuts.com.